American Heritage School introduces the Honors Engineering Program for students who wish to prepare for a career in one of the many fields of engineering. From ninth through twelfth grades, students follow a course of study designed to equip them for college with engineering, math, science and computer courses unique to a high school program. While satisfying requirements in all of the standard subject areas, students in the Honors Engineering Program are offered the courses listed below.
Students must complete a total of 6.5 credits (courses listed below) in order to complete the program. All students must be interviewed and recommended by the Program Director. Students must maintain a 3.5 GPA each semester to remain in the program.
SAMPLE PRE-ENGINEERING CURRICULUM
- Introduction to Engineering Design Honors* (1.0 credit )
(students must be currently enrolled or have completed Algebra I Advanced and Physical Science Honors)
- Principles of Engineering Honors (1.0 credit)
- Digital Electronics Honors (1.0 credit)
- Engineering Design and Development Honors (1.0 credit)
- Engineering Internship Honors (.5 credit)
- Physics Honors or AP Physics 1 1.0 credit (AP level required by some colleges)
- Bio-technical Engineering Honors (1.0 credit)
- Architecture Design I (.5 credit)
- Architecture Design II (.5 credit)
- AP Calculas AB (1.0 credit)
- Computer Science Essentials (1.0 credits)