It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the American Heritage Schools Fine Arts Department. We are proud to be recognized as one of the top fine arts programs in the world, and we applaud all our students and faculty for their hard work and extraordinary talents that they put forth every day throughout the school year
We offer an extensive curriculum in all disciplines of the arts:
- Visual Arts offers drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, photography, graphics, computer graphics, and architecture
- Instrumental courses include orchestra, guitar, piano, marching band, wind ensemble, jazz band, and percussion ensemble
- Drama produces eight (8) shows each year, in addition to offering daily classroom electives including acting, directing, technical theatre, and stage makeup design
- Vocal Arts offers Women’s Chorus, Mixed Chorus, and A Cappella Singers.
- Dance offers classes for beginners and advanced students, as well as the opportunity to audition for our Dance Company.
We round out our music program with classes in Music Theory, AP Music Theory, and Music Technology.
Students have many different opportunities to display their talents both on our campus, as well as throughout the community, the state, the nation, and the world. Our chorus has been selected as the Featured Chorus at Carnegie Hall in New York, our musicians have earned countless superior rankings with distinctions, and our artists have had their artworks selected for exhibits in galleries throughout the world.
We expect our students to be well-rounded, so we integrate a complete historical foundation in all disciplines of study. We begin teaching the arts as early as pre-kindergarten, and our low student to teacher ratio allows each student to develop at their own level, whether the student is a beginner or an accomplished artist. We look forward to watching your child flourish in the arts throughout their years at American Heritage Schools. “All the world’s a stage!” We hope to see you at our concerts and theatrical productions this season.