Heritage Upper School (Grades 6 - 12)
Heritage Upper School (Grades 6 - 12)
- New Parent Orientation Guide
- Placement Testing Link - Grades 9-12
- Placement Testing Link - Grades 6-8
- Freshman 101 Summer Course
- All Heritage Summer Assignments (Reading, Math, AP Sciences, Spanish)
- High School Heritage Summer Reading
- Middle School Heritage Summer Reading
- Statistics AP and Statistics Advanced Summer Assignment
- AP Chemistry Summer Assignment
- AP Biology Summer Assignment
- Spanish 3H Summer Assignment Link
- Spanish 4H Summer Assignment Link
- AP Spanish Language & Culture Summer Assignment Link
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Summer Assignment Link
- Honors Biology Summer Assignment Link
- Honors Chemistry Summer Assignment Link
- Middle School Honors Science Summer Assignment Link
- Academy Summer Reading Assignments
- Heritage Course Descriptions and Course Offerings by Grade Level
- Middle School Elective Forms
- 6th Grade
- 7th Grade
- 8th grade
- Understanding Your GPA
- High School Graduation Requirements
- Pre-Professional Program Checklists
- 2019-2020 Upper School Fees
Student Handbook 2019-2020 This has now been updated for 2019-2020
- Bell Schedule
- Campus Map
- 2019-2020 School Calendar
- Clubs Middle/High School ( Grades 6 - 12)
- Community Service
- iPad Program Information
- Dress Code FAQs -
- Uniform Company/Ordering Online
What Can You Expect From Us?
Approximately one week after your child is enrolled, (or a week after placement tests are taken), you will receive a call from your child’s Guidance Counselor to set up a meeting. The Counselor will help your child select his/her courses for the upcoming school year. He/she will also help you log on to our Parent Portal. The Portal is your primary source of information during the school year. Not only will it provide you with constantly updated information and resources, it also connects you to your child’s grades, classes, and weekly assignments. It is vital that you connect to the Parent Portal in order to complete mandatory health forms through Magnus Health. All health forms must be submitted online; students MAY NOT begin school in August if these forms are not completed.
2. Upper School Media Center Summer Hours
- Monday, June 3rd through Wednesday, July 31st
- 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Closed Thursday, July 4th
Our Media Center will be open and staffed throughout the summer to assist with iPad registration, online textbook ordering, Magnus enrollment, portal access, student email access, etc. It is not necessary to schedule an appointment but if you would like to, please email Barbara.Cedeno@ahschool.com.
All iPads must be registered in order to access the school wifi network. A list of school suggested apps will be available. Please note: Each student must create a personal APPLE ID prior to bringing the device on campus for wifi registration.
3. SUMMER INFORMATION
You will receive an email in July letting you know that important information about the upcoming school year is posted on the Parent Portal. For your convenience (since new families may not be comfortable with the Parent Portal yet), we will also post this information on the New Parent Web Page. Students’ schedules will also be mailed home and posted on the Portal during the first week of August.
4. NEW STUDENT TECHNOLOGY ORIENTATION (optional)
Thursday, August 1, 2019
Grades 6-8 TIME: 10AM - 12PM LOCATION: Upper School Media Center
Grades 9-12 TIME: 1PM - 3PM LOCATION: Upper School Media Center
All new students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend Using the iPad the American Heritage Way. New Students sign up by clicking this link.
*Incoming 9th graders who will be attending Freshman 101 do not need to attend this orientation program.
5. NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION: WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL YEAR!
Middle School--All 6th grade families and all new 7th and 8th grade families Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:00pm-6:30pm in the Gym
High School--All 9th grade students and all new 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students (no parents)
Friday, August 16, 2019 12:00pm in the Gym
The goal of this program is to help make parents and students feel comfortable and ready for the first day of school. Students will receive information regarding the first day of school, transportation, lunch, discipline policies, extracurricular activities, athletics, fine arts, PTO involvement, and guidance & college planning. Students will have the opportunity to tour the campus with faculty and student ambassadors. A club fair will be held prior to each orientation.
6. OPEN HOUSE
Thursday, August 15, 2019--Middle School
6:30pm to 7:30pm
All Middle School parents and students are invited to walk their schedules and meet their academic teachers, find and fill their lockers and familiarize themselves with the Middle School area.
Friday, August 16, 2019--High School
Immediately following the High School orientation, parents and students are invited to walk their schedules and meet their teachers, choose and fill their lockers and familiarize themselves with the High School area.
7. PARENT PORTAL TRAINING & CURRICULUM NIGHT
Middle School--Tuesday, August 27, 2019
High School--Thursday, August 29, 2019
Parent Portal Orientation will take place 6:00pm to 6:30pm in the Gym. Parents will learn how to check daily grades, view important school information, connect to classes and check weekly assignments. Then there will be a parent meeting from 6:30pm to 7:00pm, also in the Gym. Curriculum Night takes place from 7:00pm - 8:30pm across campus. Please bring a copy of your child’s schedule with you as parents will be following their child’s schedule throughout the evening. Curriculum Night is not intended to be a time to talk individually with teachers about your child. (You will have that chance on November 2nd, the first Conference Day of the Year.) Curriculum Night allows you to get to know your child’s teachers and to hear about the courses your child is taking.