Band / Orchestra
Students interested in auditioning for Band and/or Orchestra should prepare based on the following criteria:
Band instruments accepted:
- French Horn
- Snare drum including all of the mallet or keyboard instruments (bells, xylophone, vibes and marimba).
- 2 Major Scales in 2 minutes and 30 seconds or less
- Chromatic Scale extending the range of the instrument
- Woodwinds and Brass: Lyrical and Technical etudes from the FBA All State 9-10 Concert Band Requirements.
- Percussion: Snare and Mallet Etudes from the FBA All State 9-10 Concert Band Requirements.
- One piece of choice from the FBA Solo and Ensemble List (accompaniment suggested but not required)
- Click Here for the Solo and Ensemble Master List
Orchestra instruments accepted:
Violin, Viola and Cello Requirements:
- Two prepared pieces of contrasting styles – must be at least grade level 4 (Accompaniment is optional)
- Two of the following major Scales and Arpeggios in 3 octaves G, D, A, C, Bb
- Sight reading
1. Same requirements as above, except Scales and Arpeggios must be 2 octaves
Students interested in auditioning for a Musical Theatre Scholarship should be prepared to act and sing based on the following criteria:
1. Two songs of contrasting nature from the following sources:(CD or MP3 with no vocals is acceptable)
- Schwartz (before 1990)
- Sondheim (Before 1990)
2. Two 2-minute monologues of contrasting nature and age appropriate content
Total audition time will be 10 minutes.
Students interested in auditioning for a Dance Scholarship should be prepared based on the following criteria:
- Choreographed solo in lyrical or contemporary
- Choreographed solo in Jazz
- Dancer may also be asked to improv to random music selections.
- Dancer will be required to demonstrate: Pirouettes, Coupe Turns, Pencil Turns, À la seconde, Saut de Chat Leap, Straddle leap, Firebird and Calypso.
- Audition dress code: Black leotard, black or tan tights, dance shoes of your choice and hair in a bun.
Students interested in a Technical Theatre Scholarship will have had experience with sound and lighting electrical boards. In order to audition students must submit the following prior to the audition:
- Personal Resume (make sure to include any and all software the student is proficient in).
- A letter explaining their interest in the trade.
- A letter of recommendation.
Please email audition requirements to Ms. Linda Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.