Highlights & Recognitions
The students at American Heritage School are uniquely prepared to be leaders of the 21st century who embody knowledge, integrity, and compassion. We guide students to be independent, productive, and accomplished when they progress into our Upper School.
American Heritage School of Boca/Delray is an independent, non-sectarian, and co-educational day school for PK3 through 12th grades with approximately 1,650 students. Our Lower School serves PK3 through 5th grade and has a student population of 330 students. Our student to faculty ratio is 5:1.
Here are some of the recent achievements of our Lower School students and notable facts about our school:
- #1 elementary school in Palm Beach County in math competition; qualifiers for state and national math competitions
- #1 private elementary school in Palm Beach County at science fair
- One out of three students in 5th grade qualified for National Elementary Honor Society (NEHS)
- One out of four students in 4th and 5th grades qualified for Duke University’s Talent Identification Program
- Stanford University’s math program for elite math students in 4th and 5th grades
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) initiatives in new state-ofthe-art Science Lab and Innovation Lab
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW) curriculum enhances computer science instruction focusing on programming, creative thinking, student collaboration, and communication
- Over 15 elective classes supplement core curriculum in all students’ daily schedules.
- “Green School of Excellence” certified by the Palm Beach County Green Recognition Program for two consecutive years
- Yearly participant in Presidential Education Academic Award program
- Yearly Broadway-style musical performed in state-of-the-art Black Box Theatre
- Average tenure of teachers exceeds ten years
- Enrichment classes offered after school, such as Lego League, robotics, math enrichment, chess, Fun Chefs, musical theater, yoga, Zumba, and athletics