Pre Engineering Program
American Heritage School is proud to offer the Honors Pre-Engineering Program to students who are planning a career in one of the many fields of engineering. From 9th through 12th grades, students follow a course of study specifically designed to prepare them for an engineering major in college. The program includes engineering, math, science, and computer courses that are unique to American Heritage School.
Equipped with these skills, college graduates with engineering degrees can pursue a career rich in opportunity, compensation, and stability while working on new challenges every day. Engineers stand to be creators of the change they want to see in the world and developing new technologies in nearly every aspect of life. From civil or food engineering to industrial and mechanical engineering, they will be the creators of processes and innovations that have an impact on people each day around the globe.
In order to complete the Honors Pre-Engineering Program at AHS, students must complete a total of 6.5 credits (courses listed below). All students must be interviewed and recommended by the Program Director. Students must maintain a 3.5 GPA each semester to remain in the program.
While continuing to meet requirements in all standard subject areas, students in the Honors Pre-Engineering Program are also offered the courses listed below:
- Introduction to Engineering Design Honors* (1.0 credit )
(students must be currently enrolled or have completed Algebra I Advanced and Physical Science Honors)
- Principles of Engineering Honors (1.0 credit)
- Digital Electronics Honors (1.0 credit)
- Engineering Design and Development Honors (1.0 credit)
- Engineering Internship Honors (.5 credit)
- Physics Honors or AP Physics 1 1.0 credit (AP level required by some colleges)
- Bio-technical Engineering Honors (1.0 credit)
- Architecture Design I (.5 credit)
- Architecture Design II (.5 credit)
- AP Calculas AB (1.0 credit)
- Computer Science Essentials (1.0 credits)