AMERICAN HERITAGE SCHOOL &
AMERICAN ACADEMY iPAD PROGRAM
All students in grades 6-12 are required to have an iPad. The majority of textbooks are accessed only through the iPad, and teachers use the iPad as an instructional tool. The information below should help answer many of the questions you might have regarding our iPad program.
- Should we get wireless or cellular?
- How much storage will we need?
- What if we already own an iPad with less storage?
- What about the mini?
- What about android devices?
- What iPad does American Heritage recommend?
- What procedures has the school implemented to prevent students from visiting social media or inappropriate websites.
- Why the iPad?
- What security procedures has the school implemented to make sure that the iPads are safe?
- Can iPads be used anywhere on campus?
- What should students do to backup their iPads?
- Will each student be given an email address?
- Will students be able to charge their iPads at school?
- Will there be rules and guidelines regarding iPad use on campus?
- What happens when a new model is released and/or new technologies emerge?
- How will students save documents?
- Will students only be using digital books (ebooks)?
- Is help available if a student is having trouble with his or her iPad?
- What about insurance?